Thursday, August 7, 2008

worn out pair of shoes

overworked, tired, super stressed and broke....thoughts of leaving the school and dreaming of a new life outside of Stella has occured to me once more today. im like a feet in a worn out and old pair of shoes desperately waiting for a breathe of fresh air and a replacement. i can't imagine myself in this community for a lifetime. i dreaded the day that i will die a teacher here- forever bitter and lonely...and always tired and in debts.

i want a new life. i want to chase my dreams and be in a world where i can be myself and good at it. i always pray for that moment that finally and confidently i would give my resignation to my directress and see the look at her face. of course she would be happy to get rid of a tiny mosquito like me hehehe. mosquito with a heart though.

a NEW HOPE came this afternoon when i bumped into a parent i once knew. mr. manalo asked me how i was and if im married. i said im okay and still single. he asked me straight if i wanted to apply for a teaching job in the US since a brother of him is recruiting recently for teachers. i was so surprised and instantly told him i was interested. he assured me to give details tomorrow. im over excited. it was a glint of hope and then i realized its not yet the end of the world for my dreams.

i told ms. erms, who share the same frustrations and dreams that i have, about the chance of getting a job abroad. hope this thing will work for me and for the both of us....finally.

i believe i can make this happen. God will be on our side. I believe He really will.

No comments:

Post a Comment